Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Jounral #6: GED 512 Midway Reflection

source: http://freakyworld.net/wordpress-404-not-found-error/
I have learned a LOT in this course so far. I was a complete newbie to the world of web design. While I feel that I could make a basic website with a few links and pages, I can not do it completely from scratch. Using some of the coding we have done as a class however, I could render my own basic site design. And although I still don't feel 100% confident with creating a website completely from scratch, I now know so much more about web coding. I can look at basic code and decipher it. I have even found websites I like, and on my own, looked at theri code via the "view page source" when you right click. 

So far, the hardest assignment in this class has been figuring out how to get everything seamlessly uploaded into the cal poly server. I am slowly beginning to understand it more and more, but this is the portion that has given me the most headaches and has caused me the most grief. After a lot of time and energy, I was finally able to link this blog, my book exercises, and my lab work to my site and host it on the server.

The most rewarding assignment in this class however has been building my first website. While we did it as a class, it is extremely exciting to type in a url and have it go to a website I built from the ground up. It;s even more exciting to share this link with friends and say "Look! I made this site!"

No comments:

Post a Comment